Beginning at 5:30 p.m. there will be two votes. The motion to invoke cloture on the House message to H.R. 3547 and if cloture is invoke, the Senate will immediately proceed to vote on the motion to concur on H.R. 3547.
The Senate will meet at 10 a.m. and resume consideration of the legislative vehicle for the FY 2014 Omnibus Appropriations bill (technically, the House message accompanying the Space Launch Liability Indemnification Extension Act , H.R. 3547).
If there is no agreement for earlier consideration of the appropriations bill, the Senate will vote on cloture one hour after convening on Friday, January 17.
Pending are these amendments to the appropriations vehicle (H.R. 3547):
- Reid amendment to change the enactment date (#2655);
- Reid second-degree amendment to Reid amendment #2655, of a perfecting nature (#2656);
- Reid motion to refer the House message with respect to H.R. 3547 to the Committee on Appropriations, with instructions to report back forthwith with an amendment to change the enactment date (#2657);
- Reid amendment to the Reid motion to refer #2657, of a perfecting nature (#2658);
- Reid second-degree amendment to Reid amendment #2658, of a perfecting nature (#2659).
5:53 p.m. — On a vote of 72 to 26, the Senate invoked cloture on the motion to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to the omnibus spending vehicle (H.R. 3547).
6:13 p.m. — Final passage of the Omnibus Appropriations Bill for fiscal year 2014:
On a vote of 72 to 26, the Senate agreed to the motion to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to the legislative vehicle for the spending bill (H.R. 3547).