3:47 p.m. Senator Enzi spoke on Senate gridlock.
3:35 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke on the Veterans Affairs scandal.
3:26 p.m. Senators Murray and Isakson had a colloquy on the introduction of a Workforce training bill.
3:05 p.m. Senator Roberts speaks on Majority Leader Reid and the Koch brothers.
2:50 p.m. Senator Menendez spoke on immigration.
2:45 p.m. Senate confirms following nominations by voice vote:
1. Elisebeth Cook to be member of Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board.
2. Deirdre Daly to be US Attorney for District of Connecticut.
3. James Green to be US Attorney for the Middle District of Louisiana.
4. Damon Martinez to be US Attorney for the District of New Mexico.
2:43 p.m. Cloture invoked on Barron nomination 52-43.
2:14 p.m. Roll call vote begins on cloture on the Barron nomination.
2:10 p.m. Senator Paul spoke against the Barron nomination.
2:05 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on the Barron nomination, calls to see drone memos.
2:01 p.m. Senator Landrieu spoke in favor of nomination of James Green.
2:00 p.m. Senate resumed session.
12:48 p.m. Senate recesses until 2:00pm.
12:47 p.m. Roll call vote ends, nomination confirmed 68-27.
12:15 p.m. Roll call vote begins on nomination of Stanley Fischer to be a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve.
11:26 a.m. Senator Landrieu spoke about Louisiana and the water bill
11:20 a.m. Senator Boxer spoke about water bill
11:12 a.m. Senator Cruz spoke about Barron nomination and judicial activism
10:57 a.m. Senator Blunt spoke about the Affordable Care Act
10:46 a.m. Senator Wyden spoke about drones
10:45 a.m. Senator Paul requested a delay on the cloture vote on the Barron nomination. Senator Markey objected.
9:50 a.m. Senator Rand Paul spoke on the nomination of David Barron to the 1st Circuit Court.
9:35 a.m. S. 2363 was read a second time.
The Senate will convene at 9:30 a.m.
At 12:15 p.m., the Senate will vote on confirmation of the nomination of Stanley Fischer of New York to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve.
The Senate will then recess until 2 p.m. for the Republican policy lunch.
At 2:10 p.m., there will be a roll call vote on whether to invoke cloture on the nomination of David Jeremiah Barron to the First U.S. Circuit Court.
The Senate will then take up to five confirmation votes, all expected to be by voice:
- Elisebeth Collins Cook to be a Member of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board;
- Deirdre M. Daly to be U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut;
- James Walter Frazer Green to be U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Louisiana;
- Damon Paul Martinez to be U.S. Attorney for the District of New Mexic