The Senate has adjourned until Monday, October 3rd at 10:30 a.m. for a pro forma only. When the Senate adjourns on Monday, November 14, it will reconvene on Tuesday, November 15 at 4:00 p.m. At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on H.R.4511, Gold Star Families Voices Act.
Pro Forma dates:
- Monday, October 3 at 10:30 am
- Thursday, October 6 at 10:30 am
- Friday, October 7 at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 11 at 9:00 am
- Thursday, October 13 at 2:00 pm
- Monday, October 17 at 11:00 am
- Thursday, October 20 at 3:00 pm
- Monday, October 24 at 10:30 am
- Thursday, October 27 at 10:30 am
- Monday, October 31 at 4:30 pm
- Thursday, November 3 at 2:00 pm
- Monday, November 7 at 10:30 am
- Thursday, November 10 at 10:00 am
- Monday, November 14 at 5:30 pm
- H.R. 5944 – To amend Title 49, US Code, with Respect to Certain Grant Assurances, was passed by unanimous consent.
- S. 2360 – Omnibus Territories Act with committee-reported amendment, passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 5946 – To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from gross income any prizes or awards won in competition in the Olympic Games or Paralympic Games, was passed by unanimous consent.
- S. 2959 – To amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010, with committee-reported amendments, was passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 2733 – To require the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for certain Indian tribes, was passed by unanimous consent.
- S. 246 – Alyce Spotted Bear and Walter Soboleff Commission on Native Children Act, was passed by unanimous consent with an amendment.
- S.Res. 579 – Recognizing the 40th anniversary of the first class of women admitted to the Coast Guard Academy.
- Passed by unanimous consent en bloc:
- S.Res. 600 – Designating the week of September 26 through 30, 2016, as “National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week”.
- S.Res. 601 – Designating September 2016 as “National Dystonia Awareness Month.
- S.Con.Res. 55 – Commemorating the 100th anniversary of Texas A&M’s College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences and the opening of the new Texas A&M Veterinary & Biomedical Education complex in in College Station Texas, was passed by unanimous consent.
- H.Con.Res. 166 – Adjournment Resolution was passed by unanimous consent.
- 1st reading en bloc:
- S.3464 – Overtime Review and Reform Act, was passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 6094 – Regulatory Relief for Small Businesses, Schools, and Nonprofits Act, was passed by unanimous consent.
- H.Con.Res. 122 – – Protection of the Right of Tribes to stop the Export of Cultural and Traditional Patrimony Resolution, was passed by unanimous consent with Udall amendment.
12:52 p.m. Senator Brown spoke about TPP.
12:36 p.m. Senator Casey spoke about Wills Eye Hospital.
12:15 p.m. Senator Portman spoke about CARA and opioid abuse.
11:50 a.m. Senator Corker spoke about yesterday’s veto override vote on JASTA.
11:48 a.m. The Senate passed the following legislation by unanimous consent:
- H.R. 3004 – To amend the Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Act to extend the authorization for the Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor Commission
- H.R. 5147 – Bathrooms Accessible in Every Situation Act
- H.R. 5883 – To Amend the Packers and Stockyard Act of 1921
- H.R. 3937 – To designate the building utilized as a United States courthouse located in Greenville, North Carolina, as the “Randy D. Doub United States Courthouse”
- S.Res. 527 – Recognizing the 75th Anniversary of the Opening of the National Gallery of Art
- S.Res. 578 – Supporting Lights On After School, a national celebration of afterschool programs held on October 20, 2016
- En bloc:
- S.Res. 591 – Designating the week of October 9 through October 15, 2016, as “National Case Management Week”
- S.Res. 592 – Expressing support for the designation of the month of September 2016 as “Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month”
- S.Res. 593 – Designating September 22,2016, as “National Falls Prevention Awareness Day”
- S.Res. 594 – Expressing support for designation of the third Saturday in October 2016 as “National Animal Rescue Day”
11:32 a.m. Senator Peters spoke about NASA going to Mars.
11:29 a.m. Senator Cardin paid tribute to former Israeli PM, Shimon Perez.
11:23 a.m. Senator Grassley spoke about National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
10:46 a.m. Senator Alexander and Senator Lankford spoke about legislation to oppose the Obama administration’s proposed rules on overtime rules for colleges, non-profits and other organizations.
10:20 a.m. Senator Cornyn took steps under Rule XIV to place directly on the Senate calendar H.R. 954, a bill to amend the tax code. He paid tribute to retiring Dallas Police Chief David Brown. He spoke about yesterday’s passage of the resolution to continue federal operations through December 9. He reviewed the Senate’s legislative record for the year.
10:02 a.m. Minority Leader Reid criticized Congressional Republicans’ stance toward President Obama. He criticized Donald Trump.
The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m. and be in a period of morning business. There are NO votes on Thursday.
The next roll call vote is expected on Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 5:30 p.m. on H.R. 4511, the Gold Star Families Voices Act.