The Senate stands adjourned. Pro forma sessions have been scheduled and will take place if the Senate does not receive a message that the House has adopted S. Con Res 30, the adjournment resolution. If the House does adopt the adjournment resolution, the Senate will convene at 11:45 am Friday January 3 for a pro forma session.
If the Senate does not receive an adjournment resolution message from the House, the Senate will meet for pro forma sessions at the following times:
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:00 noon
Friday, December 27, 2013 at 12:00 noon
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 12:00 noon
Friday, January 3, 2013 at 12:00 noon.
The next Senate roll call vote is scheduled for Monday, January 6 at 5:30 pm.
On Friday, December 20, 2013
The Senate will convene at 9 a.m. There will be one hour of debate on the nomination of Alejandro Mayorkas to be deputy secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.
At about 10 a.m. this series of roll call votes will begin:
— Confirmation of the Mayorkas nomination;
— Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #459, John Koskinen, of the District of Columbia, to be Commissioner of Internal Revenue;
— Confirmation of the Koskinen nomination;
— Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #382, Brian Davis, to the US District Court for the Middle District of Florida;
— Confirmation of the Davis nomination and
— Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #452, Janet Yellen, of California, to be Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
If cloture is invoked, Yellen’s confirmation vote is to be held on Monday, January 6.
On Thursday night, the majority leader withdrew cloture motions on the following nominations:
- Sloan D. Gibson to be Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
- Sarah Sewall to be an Under Secretary of State (Civility Security, Democracy, and Human Rights).
- Michael L. Connor to be Deputy Secretary of the Interior.
- Sarah Bloom Raskin to be Deputy Secretary of the Treasury.
- Jessica Garfola Wright to be Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness.
- Richard Engler to be a Member of the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board.