6:30 p.m. The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, June 13, 2023. The next vote will be on the confirmation of Elizabeth Allen to be Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy at 11:30 a.m.
The Senate invoked cloture on the Allen nomination by a vote of 66 – 29.
5:33 p.m. The Senate began a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Elizabeth Allen to be Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy.
5:29 p.m. Senator Menendez spoke in support of the Allen nomination.
5:19 p.m. Senator Cassidy spoke on social security.
4:59 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke on the southern border.
4:49 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on the FBI.
4:34 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on foreign agents.
4:30 p.m. Majority Leader Schumer filed cloture on the following nominations:
- Executive Calendar #26 Dale E. Ho to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York
- Executive Calendar #29 Nusrat Jahan Choudhury to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of New York
- Executive Calendar #23 Julie Rikelman to be United States Circuit Judge for the First Circuit
4:23 p.m. Majority Leader Schumer spoke about the indictment of former President Trump, artificial intelligence, nominations, taxes
3:30 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke on Ukraine and on the appropriations process.
3:10 p.m. Republican Leader McConnell spoke about Ukraine and nominations.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and resume consideration of the nomination of Elizabeth Allen to be Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy.
At approximately 5:30 p.m., the Senate will proceed to a cloture vote on the Allen nomination.
Cloture has also been filed on the following nominations:
1. Hernan D. Vera to be United States District Judge for the Central District of California.
2. Jared Bernstein to be Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers.
3. Casey Pitts to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of California.