7:43 p.m. The Senate adjourned tonight at 7:43 p.m. until 10:00 a.m. Wednesday June 21st 2023. Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the Veto message accompanying S.J.Res.11, vehicle emissions CRA.
At 11:30 a.m. the Senate will hold two roll call votes
• Passage of the Veto Message in relation to S.J.Res.11, Fischer Trucking Emissions CRA
• Motion to invoke cloture on Natasha C. Merle to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of New York.
Following the cloture motion vote on the Merle nomination, the Senate will recess until 2:15p.m. to allow for the weekly caucus lunches.
At 2:15 p.m. the Senate will hold two roll call votes
• (If Cloture is invoked) Confirmation on Natasha C. Merle to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of New York.
• Motion to invoke cloture on Treaties Calendar #1, Tax Convention with Chile.
7:42 p.m. Senator Bennett Started wrap up.
• The Senate began the Rule 14 Process to place H.R. 277 REINS Act on the Calendar
7:08 p.m. Senator Bennett asked for unanimous consent for the Senate to consider the following nominations en bloc (Military Promotions).
- Executive Calendar #46-52
- Executive Calendar #82-107
- Executive Calendar #110-113
- Executive Calendar #130-139
- Executive Calendar #180-205
- Executive Calendar #224-234
- Executive Calendar #236-246
Senator Tuberville objected. Senator Bennett then spoke about abortion.
6:54 p.m. By a vote of 51-43, the The Senate confirmed the nomination of Julie Rikelman to be a Circuit Judge for the 1st Circuit
Senators Collins & Murkowski voted YEA
Senators not voting: Barrasso, Fetterman, Murphy, Risch, Rubio and Scott (SC).
5:30 p.m. The Senate is currently voting on the nomination of Julie Rikelman to be United States Circuit Judge for the First Circuit.
5:20 p.m. Senator Duckworth spoke on how the military treats women’s reproductive care.
5:10 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke on Tennesseans and the rise in their taxes.
:53 p.m. Senator Warren spoke in support of the nomination of Julie Rikelman.
4:01 p.m. Senator Sanders spoke about Labor, Workers Rights and Unions.
3:31 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke about a departing staff member, Dan Swanson.
3:23 p.m. Republican Leader McConnell spoke about nominations, China and the NDAA.
3:07 p.m. Majority Leader Schumer spoke about AI, nominations and the Chile Tax Treaty.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of the nomination of Julie Rikelman to be United States Circuit Judge for the First Circuit, post-cloture.
At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on confirmation of the Rikelman nomination.