3:04 p.m. The Senate stands adjourned until 3:00 p.m. on Monday, September 12. Following Leader Remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and will resume consideration of Salvador Mendoza, Jr. to be a Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit, post-cloture.
At 5:30 p.m., two votes:
- Confirmation of the Mendoza nomination.
- Cloture on Executive Calendar #1043 Arianna J. Freeman to be U.S Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit.
3:01 p.m. RL McConnell paid tribute to HM Queen Elizabeth.
ML Schumer began wrap-up:
- Executive Calendar #727 Dimitri Kusnezov to be Under Secretary for Science and Technology, Department of Homeland Security, was confirmed by voice vote.
- Executive Calendar #858 Jennifer H. Rearden to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York, was confirmed by voice vote.
- Executive Calendar #1134 Natalie K. Wight to be United States Attorney for the District of Oregon for the term of 4 years, confirmed by voice vote.
- Executive Calendar #1110 Puneet Talwar to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Kingdom of Morocco, confirmed by voice vote.
- It was agreed that at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader, in consultation with the Republican leader, the Senate will proceed to Executive Calendar #1096 David P. Pekoske to be Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration for a term of five years, that there will be 10 minutes of debate, and then vote on confirmation.
- S. 1198 Solid Start Act of 2021, as amended, was passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 5754 Patient Advocate Tracker Act, was agreed to by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 8656 To designate the clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Mishawaka, Indiana, as the “Jackie Walorski VA Clinic”, was agreed to by unanimous consent.
2:49 p.m. Majority Leader Schumer paid tribute to HM Queen Elizabeth.
2:48 p.m. By a vote of 48-43, the Senate invoked cloture on the nomination of Salvador Mendoza, Jr. to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit. Senators Collins and Graham voted in favor. Senators Burr, Menendez, Murkowski, Ossoff, and Rosen did not vote.
1:36 p.m. The Senate began a vote on the motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #986 Salvador Mendoza, Jr. to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
1:15 p.m. ML Schumer filed cloture on Executive Calendar #1033 Lara Montecalvo to be U.S. Circuit Judge for the First Circuit.
12:58 p.m. Senator Lankford spoke on electric vehicles and his time in his state during the state work period.
12:40 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke on socialism.
12:19 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on socialism.
12:11 p.m. By a vote of 48-47, the Senate confirmed the nomination of Andre Mathis to be a Circuit Judge for the Sixth Circuit. Senator Kennedy voted in favor. Senators Burr, Menendez, Murkowski, Ossoff, and Rosen did not vote.
11:20 a.m. The Senate is now voting on the confirmation of the Mathis nomination.
11:00 a.m. Senator Sanders against the Mountain Valley Pipeline deal and Climate Change.
10:48 a.m. Senator Thune spoke against the inflation reduction act.
10:34 a.m. RL McConnell paid tribute to Queen Elizabeth, on energy prices, and on Afghanistan.
10:05 a.m. ML Schumer spoke on marriage equality and judicial nominations.
The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m. and following any Leader remarks, will resume consideration of the nomination of Andre Mathis to be a Circuit Judge for the Sixth Circuit.
At 11:30 a.m., the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Mathis nomianation.
At 1:45 p.m. the Senate will vote on cloture on the nomination of Salvador Mendoza to be a Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.