7:03 p.m. The Senate adjourned until 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
6:59 p.m. Senator Smith began wrap up:
Read for the first time: S. 4164, to prohibit the expenditure of Federal funds for the establishment or operation of the Disinformation Governance Board in the Department of Homeland Security
- Passed by unanimous consent: S. 4160, A bill to amend Title 40 United States Code to grant the Supreme Court of the United States security-related authorities equivalent to the legislative and executive branches
- Adopted by unanimous consent: S.Res. 624, National Fentanyl Awareness Day
- Adopted by unanimous consent: S.Res. 624, Charter Schools Week
6:32 p.m. Senator Portman spoke on the war in Ukraine.
6:26 p.m. By a vote of 72-20, The Senate invoked cloture on Executive Calendar #708 Ann Claire Phillips to be Administrator of the Maritime Administration.
Not Voting: Senators Cardin, Cassidy, Kennedy, Lummis, Murray, Padilla, Shelby, and Toomey
5:30 p.m. The Senate is now voting on the motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #708 Ann Phillips to be Administrator of the Maritime Administration.
5:25 p.m. Senator Cantwell spoke in support of Ann Phillips to be Administrator of the Maritime Administration
4:59 p.m. Senator Hirono spoke on abortion.
4:41 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke about big tech and vulnerable children.
4:33 p.m. Majority Leader Schumer spoke on abortion.
4:29 p.m. Majority Leader Schumer filed cloture on:
- Executive Calendar #848 Alvaro M. Bedoya to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the term of seven years from September 26, 2019
- The motion to proceed to Cal. #362, S.4132, Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022
- Executive Calendar #865 Julia Ruth Gordon to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
3:25 p.m. Republican Leader McConnell spoke on abortion and intimidation directed at Federal judges.
3:05 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke on rising employment numbers and on the war in Ukraine.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and following any leader remarks, will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #708 Ann Phillips to be Administrator of the Maritime Administration.
At approximately 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on cloture on the Phillips nomination.
Cloture has also been filed on the nomination of Asmeret Berhe to be Director of the Office of Science, Department of Energy.
At a time to be determined, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the following nominations:
1. Susan Grundmann to be a Member of the Federal Labor Relations Authority
2. Cathy Harris to be a Member of the Merit Systems Protection Board
3. Cathy Harris to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board