7:24 p.m. The Senate adjourned and will convene tomorrow Tuesday May 17th at 2:30 p.m. Following leader remarks the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to H.R. 7691 (Ukraine), post cloture.
At 4 p.m. all post cloture time will expire and the Senate will vote on the motion to proceed to consideration of the bill.
Following the 4 p.m. vote, the Senate will proceed to three roll call votes on the following:
• Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #798 Jennifer Louise Rochon to be US District Judge for the Southern District of New York.
• Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #802 Trina L. Thompson to be US District Judge for the Northern District of California.
• Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #799 Sunshine Suzanne Sykes to be United States District Judge for the Central District of California.
7:18 p.m. During Wrap Up ML Schumer asked for the following to be passed by UC
• Passed by UC- S. 1596 – Greatest Generation Memorial Act with the Rounds-Shaheen substitute amendment
• Passed by UC- H.R. 4426 – Homeland Security for Children Act
o S. Res. 633 – Silver Star Service
o S. Res 634 – Foster Care Month
o S. Res 635 – ALS Awareness
7:16 p.m. By a vote of 81-11, the Senate invoked cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R. 7691, Additional Ukraine Supplemental Appropriations Act FY 2022.
Voting No- Blackburn, Boozman, Bruan, Crapo, Hagerty, Hawley, Lee, Lummis, Marshall, Paul, and Tuberville
5:33 p.m. The Senate began a roll call vote on the motion to proceed to H.R. 7691, Additional Ukraine Supplemental Appropriations Act FY 2022.
5:24 p.m. Senator Leahy spoke on Ukraine funding.
5:03 p.m. Senator Bennet spoke on immigration.
4:56 p.m. Senator Tuberville spoke retirement accounts and cryptocurrency.
4:42 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke on overdose deaths and border policies.
4:32 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke about Senator Van Hollen and on shootings in Chicago and Buffalo, NY.
4:27 p.m. ML Schumer filed cloture on:
- Executive Calendar #847 Barbara A. Leaf to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Near Eastern Affairs)
- Executive Calendar #687 Elizabeth Watson to be an Assistant Secretary of Labor
4:14 p.m. ML Schumer spoke about the shooting at the supermarket in Buffalo, NY, and on racism.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and following any Leader remarks, will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to H.R.7691, the emergency supplemental appropriations for the situation in Ukraine.
At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R.7691.