7:17 p.m. The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 2, 2023. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #121, Michael Farbiarz, to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey.
7:08 p.m. ML Schumer began wrap up:
- ML Schumer filed cloture on the nomination of Wesley Hsu to be United States District Judge for the Central District of California.
- ML Schumer filed cloture on the nomination of LaShonda Hunt to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois.
- ML Schumer filed cloture on the nomination of Colleen Shogan to be Archivist of the United States.
- ML Schumer filed cloture on the nomination of Geeta Rao Gupta to be Ambassador at Large for Global Women’s Issues.
- Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Busines en bloc: S.1395, A bill to temporarily suspend the debt limit through December 31, 2024 and H.R. 2811, Limit, Save, Grow Act
- Agreed to by unanimous consent: S.Res. 187, Authorizing the taking of a photograph in the Senate Chamber.
7:04 p.m. By vote of 49-45, the Senate confirmed Anthony Johnstone to be US Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
Senator Collins voted yes.
Senators Barrasso, Feinstein, Hyde Smith, Kelly, Manchin and Ricketts did not vote.
5:26 p.m. The Senate began a roll call vote on confirmation of the nomination of Anthony Johnstone to be U.S. Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
5:25 p.m. Senator Tester spoke in support of the Johnstone nomination.
4:57 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke on the southern border.
4:51 p.m. Senator Hirono spoke in support of the Su nomination.
4:36 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke about the shooting of a family in Texas.
4:12 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on Defense Department audits.
3:35 p.m. RL McConnell spoke on the passing of Janet G. Mullins Grissom.
3:16 p.m. ML Schumer spoke on the debt limit, and on judicial nominations, and on Senator Cardin’s retirement.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and following any Leader remarks will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #22, Anthony Johnstone to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
At approximately 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Johnstone nomination.
Cloture has also been filed on the following:
1. Michael Farbiarz to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey
2. Robert Kirsch to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey
3. Orelia Eleta Merchant to be US District Judge for the Eastern District of New York