7:03 p.m. The Senate stands in recess until 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 8, 2022. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.3076, Postal Service Reform Act, post-cloture. By unanimous consent, all time during adjournment, recess, Morning Business, and Leader remarks count post-cloture on H.R. 3076.
6:53 p.m. ML Schumer began wrap up:
- Passed by unanimous consent: H.R. 55, Emmett Till Antilynching Act
- Passed by unanimous consent: S. 2089, Burial Equity for Guards and Reserves Act, w/committee reported substitute
- Passed by unanimous consent: H.R. 2545, An act to amend Title 38 US Code to clarify the rule of doctors of podiatry medicine and for the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Passed by unanimous consent: S. Res. 537, Designating March 2022 as National Women’s History Month
- Completed Rule XIV process and placed on the calendar: S. 3757, A bill to prohibit the importation of crude oil, petroleum products, liquefied natural gas and coal from the Russian Federation.
6:35 p.m. Senator Brown paid tribute to Dr. Paul Farmer.
6:34 p.m. By a vote of 74-17, the Senate invoked cloture on H.R.3076, Postal Reform.
Not voting: Senators Cotton, Inhofe, Kennedy, Lankford, Padilla, Paul, Scott (SC), Sullivan and Toomey
5:33 p.m. The Senate began a vote on cloture on H.R. 3076, Postal Service Reform.
5:20 p.m. Senators Portman and Peters spoke supporting H.R. 3076, Postal Service Reform.
5:06 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke about Russia’s intentions in Ukraine.
4:47 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on tornados in Winterset and Sheraton, Iowa.
4:31 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke about Russia.
4:21 p.m. ML Schumer spoke about Senator Lujan return, Ukraine, additional COVID-19 relief aid, postal reform, and inflation.
4:06 p.m. Senator Tuberville spoke about Ukraine, inflation and daylight savings time.
3:51 p.m. Senator Portman spoke about Russia.
3:33 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke about Ukraine.
3:14 p.m. RL McConnell spoke on Ukraine and the Biden Administration response to Iran.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and resume consideration of H.R.3076, Postal Service Reform Act.
At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on cloture on H.R.3076.
Cloture has been filed on the following nominations:
1. Maria Pagan to be a Deputy United States Trade Representative (Geneva Office).
2. Ed Gonzalez to be an Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security.