6:53 p.m. The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00 a.m. The Senate adjourned at 6:53 p.m. and will reconvene at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 7, 2022. At approximately 11:30am, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the Wagner nomination. Following disposition of the nomination, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #388, H.R.3967, Honoring our PACT Act. Following the cloture vote, the Senate will recess until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
6:49 p.m. Senator Portman spoke on the anniversary of D-Day.
6:23 p.m. Senator Bennet spoke on solar tariffs.
6:22 p.m. By a vote of 69-17, the Senate invoked cloture on the Wagner nomination.
Voting against: Senators Barrasso, Blackburn, Braun, Cotton, Crapo, Cruz, Daines, Ernst, Hagerty, Hawley, Johnson, Lee, Lummis, Marshall, Paul, Risch and Scott (FL).
Not voting: Senators Cardin, Hoeven, Kennedy, Lankford, Merkley, Murkowski, Ossoff, Padilla, Rubio, Schumer, Sullivan. Toomey, Warnock and Young.
5:15 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke on inflation.
5:06 p.m. Senator Moran spoke on the toxic exposure legislation.
4:48 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on the shooting Uvalde, TX and on bipartisan gun safety negotiations.
4:30 p.m. Senator Tuberville spoke on Title IX.
4:05 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on political bias in the FBI.
3:44 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke paying tribute to former Congressman John Porter and on gun violence.
3:23 p.m. RL McConnell spoke on Memorial Day, high fuel prices, and on inflation.
3:03 p.m. Senator Leahy spoke on gun violence.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and resume consideration of the nomination of Executive Calendar #477, Alex Wagner to be an Assistant Secretary of the Air Force.
At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on cloture on the Wagner nomination.
Cloture has also been filed on the motion to proceed to H.R.3967, regarding veteran’s exposure to toxic substances.
At a time to be determined, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the following nominations:
1. Cathy Harris to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board.
2. Nina Morrison to be US District Judge for the Eastern District of New York
3. Lisa Gomez to be an Assistant Secretary of Labor.
4. Chavonda Jacobs-Young to be Under Secretary of Agriculture for Research, Education, and Economics.
5. Amy Loyd to be Assistant Secretary for Career, Technical, and Adult Education.
6. Kenneth Wainstein to be Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis, Department of Homeland Security.
7. Todd Harper to be a Member of the National Credit Union Administration.
8. Samuel Bagenstos to be General Counsel of the Department of Health and Human Services.
9. Robert Huie to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of California.
10. Shalanda Baker to be Director of the Office of Minority Economic Impact, Department of Energy.