6:52 p.m. The Senate has adjourned until 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 31st and will resume consideration of the Grant nomination. There are three votes scheduled and the Senate will recess at 12:30 p.m. for the weekly caucus lunches.
- Roll call vote on the Motion to concur in the House amendments to S. 1182, flood Insurance extension.
- Roll call vote on the motion to confirm the nomination of Britt Cagle Grant to be U.S. Circuit Judge for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Shelby substitute amendment #3399 to H.R. 6147, Interior, FSGG, THUD, Agriculture appropriations minibus.
During wrap-up the Senate agreed to S. Res. 599, designating September 25th, 2018 as “National Lobster Day”, by unanimous consent.
6:20 p.m. Cloture was invoked on the Grant nomination, 52-44.
Senators in favor: 49 Republicans, 3 Democrats: Heitkamp, Manchin and Tester.
Senators voting against: 42 Democrats, 2 Independents: King and Sanders.
Senators not voting: 2 Republicans: Flake and McCain; 2 Democrats: Nelson and Warner.
5:31 p.m. Roll call vote began on the Grant nomination.
5:30 p.m. Senator Isakson spoke on the Grant nomination.
5:18 p.m. Senator Perdue spoke about the Grant nomination.
5:09 p.m. Senator Casey spoke about medicaid.
5:05 p.m. Senator Cassidy spoke about flood insurance.
4:53 p.m. Senator Blumenthal spoke about the Kavanaugh nomination.
4:43 p.m. Senator Wicker spoke about flood insurance.
3:02 p.m. Majority Leader McConnell spoke about the Grant nomination.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and resume consideration of the nomination of Britt Grant to be a United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh Circuit.
At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will proceed to a cloture vote on the Grant nomination.
Cloture has also been filed on the following:
- Shelby substitute amendment #3399 to H.R. 6147, Interior, FSGG, THUD, Agriculture appropriations minibus
- H.R. 6147 [Interior, FSGG, THUD, Agriculture appropriations minibus]
- Motion to concur in the House amendments to S. 1182 (Flood Insurance extension)
- Conference report to accompany the National Defense Authorization Act H.R. 5515
The above cloture motions will be processed one at a time, in the order listed. Each is subject to up to thirty hours of post-cloture debate.