6:55 p.m The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00 a.m. The next vote is expected on the Brainard nomination at 2:15 p.m.
6:21 p.m. Senator Portman spoke on the war in Ukraine.
6:17 p.m. By a vote of 54-40, the Senate agreed to the motion to invoke cloture on Executive Cal. #808, Lael Brainard to be Vice Chair of the Board of Governors.
5:30 p.m. The Senate began a vote on the motion to invoked cloture on Executive Calendar #808 Lael Brainard to be Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for a term of four years.
5:23 p.m. ML Schumer filed cloture on:
- Executive Calendar #800 Sherilyn Peace Garnett to be United States District Judge for the Central District of California.
- Executive Calendar #865 Julia Ruth Gordon to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
- Executive Calendar #670 Lisa M. Gomez to be an Assistant Secretary of Labor.
4:41 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on pandemic relief funding, on Title 42,
4:30 p.m. ML Schumer spoke on the passing of former Senator Hatch, on the Bedoya nomination, on the Brink nomination and on Ukraine.
3:32 p.m. RL McConnell paid tribute to former Senator Hatch, on inflation and the economy.
3:09 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke about the passing of Lorenzo Cervantes and on the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and resume consideration of the nomination of Executive Calendar #808 Lael Brainard to be Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
The Senate will vote on cloture on the Brainard nomination at 5:30 p.m.
Cloture has also been filed on the following:
1. Executive Calendar #844 Lisa Cook to be a Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
2. Executive Calendar #848 Alvaro Bedoya to be a Federal Trade Commissioner
At a time to be determined, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the following nominations:
1. Susan Grundmann to be a Member of the Federal Labor Relations Authority
2. Cathy Harris to be a Member of the Merit Systems Protection Board
3. Cathy Harris to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board