5:16 p.m. The Senate stands adjourned until Thursday, January 26 at 10:00 a.m. Following Leader Remarks, the Senate will proceed to the immediate consideration of S. Res. 13, National Stalking Awareness Month.
1:45 p.m. roll call vote:
- Adoption of S. Res. 13 National Stalking Awareness Month
Had their first reading to begin the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar:
- S. 81 To provide a moratorium on all federal research grants provided to any institution of higher education or other research institute that is conducting gain-of-function research.
- S. 82 To protect social security benefits and military pay and require that the United States Government to prioritize all obligations on the debt held by the public in the event that the debt limit is reached.
- H.R. 300 Settlement Agreement Information Database Act of 2023
5:01 p.m. Senator Murphy spoke on gun violence.
4:55 p.m. Senator Brown spoke on social security.
3:42 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke about the southern border.
2:21 p.m. Senator Tillis spoke on the southern border.
2:15 p.m. Senator Hyde-Smith spoke on the southern border.
2:03 p.m. Senator Lankford spoke on the southern border.
1:26 p.m. Senator Ernst spoke on immigration and fentanyl.
1:15 p.m. Senator Capito spoke on immigration.
12:17 p.m. Senator Fischer spoke about immigration and drug trafficking.
11:56 a.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on the debt limit and on immigration.
11:42 a.m. Senator Durbin spoke on unions and on federal support for scientific research.
11:16 a.m. Senator Daines spoke recognizing Dr. Daniel Edelman.
10:52 a.m. Senator Thune spoke about Democrat Spending.
10:32 a.m. ML Schumer spoke about the Debt Ceiling and Republican Tax Increases.
10:31 a.m. The following legislation was placed on the Legislative Calendar under Rule 14:
- H.R. 23 To rescind certain balances made available to the IRS.
- H.R. 26 Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act
- S.J. Res. 4 A joint resolution removing the deadline for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- H.R. 22Protecting America’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve from China Act
10:11 a.m. RL McConnell spoke about the Ukraine and crime.
10:00 a.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene today at 10:00 a.m. and proceed to a period of morning businesses. Votes during Wednesdays session are possible.