6:29 p.m. The Senate adjourned.
6:11 p.m. Senator Schatz wrapped up for the year.
Pro forma schedule:
Friday December 22 at 8:00 a.m.
Tuesday December 26 at 9:00 a.m.
Friday December 29 at 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday January 2 at 11:45 a.m.
Wednesday January 3 at 12:00 noon for convening of Second Session of 118th Congress.
Friday January 5 at 10:00 a.m.
Below were all confirmed/passed by unanimous consent or voice vote:
Tadd Johnson to be a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Morris Udall & Stewart Udall Foundation
Rion Ramirez to be a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Morris Udall & Stewart Udall Foundation
Tobin Bradley to be Ambassador to Guatemala
David White to be Deputy Director of the Peace Corps
Mark Uyeda to be a Member of the Securities and Exchange Commission
Claudia Slacik to be a Director of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation
William Brodsky to be a Director of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation
Spencer Bachus to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Export-Import Bank of the United States
Tanya Otsuka to be a Member of the National Credit Union Administration Board
Bradford Wilson to be a Member of the Board of Trustees of the James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation
Jennifer Fain to be Inspector General, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
2:29 p.m. The Senate stands in recess subject to the call of the chair.
2:00 p.m. Senator Sullivan spoke on the Seafood Reciprocity Act and the Alaskan of the Week.
1:45 p.m. The Senate returned from recess.
12:52 p.m. The Senate stands in recess until 1:45 p.m.
12:47 p.m. Republican Leader McConnell spoke on border security and national security.
12:23 p.m. Majority Leader Schumer spoke about military promotions, border negations and Democrat achievements in 2023.
12:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate stands adjourned until 12:00 noon on Wednesday, December 20, 2023.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will recess subject to the Call of the Chair.
There will be no further roll call votes this year. The next roll call vote is expected at 5:30pm on Monday, January 8, 2024.
The following pending cloture motions will ripen at 5:30pm on Monday, January 8, 2024:
- Executive Calendar #117 Jose Javier Rodriguez, of Florida, to be an Assistant Secretary of Labor
- Executive Calendar #142 Joseph Goffman, of Pennsylvania, to be an Assistant Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
- Executive Calendar #174 S. Kato Crews, of Colorado, to be United States District Judge for the District of Colorado
- Executive Calendar #311 Karoline Mehalchick, of Pennsylvania, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Executive Calendar #376 John A. Kazen, of Texas, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of Texas