4:49 p.m. The Senate adjourned and will reconvene for pro forma sessions on the following dates:
- Friday, February 17 at 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 21 at 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, February 23 at 9:30 a.m.
The Senate will then convene at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, February 27. Senator Lankford will be recognized to read Washington’s farewell address. They will then resume consideration of the nomination of Damar K. Walker to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia. They will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Walker nomination at 5:30 p.m.
- Confirmed-Cal #44-Jill Steinberg to be US Attorney for the Southern District of Georgia
- Agreed to-S. Res. 77-designate 2/16 as Elizabeth Peratrovich day
- Agreed to-S. Res. 78- SAA quarterly blood donation drives
4:40 p.m. Senator Murphy spoke in support of Ukraine.
4:12 p.m. Senator Cardin spoke about Black History Month.
4:00 p.m. Senator Murkwoski paid tribute to Elizabeth Peratrovich.
3:45 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke about the border.
3:13 p.m. Senator Sullivan spoke on the Alaskan of the week, Mr. R.C. Roberts. He then spoke about the Willow project.
2:47 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke on the earthquake in Turkey and Syria and on Ukraine.
2:36 p.m. Senator Tillis spoke on the passing of service dog, Kaya.
2:25 p.m. Senator Fischer spoke on immigration.
2:25 p.m. By a vote of 50-44, the Senate invoked cloture on Maria Araujo Kahn to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit.
Republicans voting yea – Senators Collins, Graham, and Murkowski.
Not Voting – Senators Brown, Casey, Fetterman, Moran, Sanders and Vance.
1:39 p.m. The Senate is now voting on the motion to invoke cloture on Maria Araujo Kahn to be US Circuit Judge for the 2nd Circuit
1:14 p.m. Senator Wyden spoke about abortion access.
1:11 p.m. Leader Schumer filed cloture on the following nominations;
- Jamar K. Walker to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Jamal N. Whitehead to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Washington.
- Araceli Martinez-Olguin to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of California.
- Margaret R. Guzman to be United States District Judge for the District of Massachusetts.
1:11 p.m. By a vote of 61-34, the Senate confirmed Lester Martinez-Lopez, of Florida, to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense.
GOP voting YEA – Captio, Collins, Graham, Grassley, McConnell, Moran, Murkowski, Romney, Rounds, Thune, Tillis, Wicker and Young.
Not Voting – Brown, Casey, Cramer, Fetterman, and Vance
11:20 a.m. The Senate is now voting on Confirmation of Lester Martinez-Lopez to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense
11:20 a.m. By a vote of 51-45, the Senate confirmed Daniel J. Calabretta to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of California.
GOP YEA – Collins, Graham, and Murkowski
Not Voting – Brown, Casey, Fetterman, and Vance.
11:27 a.m. The Senate began a roll call vote on confirmation of Daniel J. Calabretta to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of California.
11:08 a.m. Senators Moran and Hawley spoke on the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl win. The Senate adopted S. Res. 71 Congratulating the Kansas City Chiefs on their victory at Super Bowl 57.
10:53 a.m. Senator Thune spoke about oil and energy costs.
10:39 a.m. RL McConnell spoke about crime, military spending, and Judicial nominations..
10:22 a.m. ML Schumer spoke about the Chinese spy balloons, the debt ceiling, Medicaid and ESG.
10:00 a.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 16th. Following Leader remarks the Senate will resume consideration of the nomination of Lester Martinez-Lopez to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. the Senate will have two votes on:
- Confirmation of Daniel Calabretta to be US District Judge for the Eastern District of California
- Confirmation of Lester Martinez-Lopez to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense
At approximately 1:45 p.m. the Senate will vote on:
- Motion to invoke cloture on Maria Araujo Kahn to be US Circuit Judge for the 2nd Circuit