6:43 p.m. The Senate adjourned.
6:34 p.m. Senator Boozman spoke in tribute to Officer Mike Steven and later on the Hunger free summer for kids act.
6:32 p.m. ML McConnell began wrap up: passed S 1199, Public Health Service Act, as amended by voice vote. ML McConnell asked u.c. that when the Senate adjourn today it meet next at 10:00 am on Tuesday and the Senate proceed to H.R. 1327, to extend authorization for the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund of 2001 through fiscal year 2092, and for other purposes.
6:17 p.m. Senator Casey spoke about health care.
6:12 p.m. Cloture was invoked on the Esper nomination, 85-6.
Senators voting against: 6 Democrats: Harris, Klobuchar, Markey, Merkley, Warren and Wyden.
Senators not voting: 5 Republicans: Isakson, Kennedy, Moran, Murkowski, Toomey; 3 Democrats: Bennet, Booker, Gillibrand; 1 Independent: Sanders.
5:30 p.m. The Senate began a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Mark Esper to be Secretary of Defense.
4:46 p.m. Senator Van Hollen spoke honoring Judy Schneider.
4:29 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke about border security.
4:24 p.m. ML McConnell spoke supporting the Esper nomination.
3:03 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on the Canada/Mexico trade agreement.
3:02 p.m. The following bills had their second reading:
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #374, Mark Esper to be Secretary of Defense.
At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Esper nomination.
Majority Leader McConnell also filed cloture on the following nominations:
- Stephen Dickson to be Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration
- Wendy Berger to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida
- Brian Buescher to be United States District Judge of Nebraska
Tuesday, July 23rd at 12:00 Noon – 2 roll call votes:
1. Confirmation of the Esper nomination
2. Cloture on the Dickson nomination
Tuesday, July 23rd at 2:30pm – 3 roll call votes:
1. Lee Amendment #928 to H.R. 1327, (limit amount available) [60 vote threshold]
2. Paul Amendment #929 to H.R. 1327, (pay-for 10years projected costs) [60 vote threshold]
3. Passage of to H.R. 1327, Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act