7:24 p.m. The Senate adjourned and will next convene at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 20. Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the nomination of Kenneth Allen Polite, Jr. to be an Assistant Attorney General.
11:30 a.m. – 2 votes:
- Motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Kenneth Allen Polite, Jr., LA, to be an Assistant Attorney General.
- Motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Jennifer Ann Abruzzo, NY, to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board.
Senate will recess for policy lunches following the cloture vote on the Abruzzo nomination.
2:30 p.m. – 1 vote:
- Confirmation of Kenneth Allen Polite, Jr. to be an Assistant Attorney General (if cloture is invoked).
If cloture is invoked on the Abruzzo nomination, at a time to be determined, the Senate will vote on confirmation during Wednesday’s session.
- Began Rule 14 process to place on the calendar: S.2382, to authorize the National Cyber Director to accept details from other elements of the Federal Government on nonremibursable basis (Portman).
7:11 p.m. Majority Leader Schumer spoke on infrastructure and the Victims of Crime Act.
Cloture was filed on:
- Exec. Cal. 142 – Bonnie D. Jenkins, NY, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security
- Motion to proceed to H.R. 3684 – the legislative vehicle for infrastructure
7:10 p.m. The nomination of Tiffany P. Cunningham was confirmed, 63-33.
14 Republicans voted yes: Burr, Capito, Collins, Cornyn, Ernst, Risch, Graham, Grassley, Lee, Murkowski, Romney, Rounds, Rubio, and Tillis.
Senators not voting: Booker, Crapo, Kelly, and Sasse.
5:31 p.m. The Senate began a roll call vote on confirmation of Tiffany P. Cunningham to be U.S. Circuit Judge for the Federal Circuit.
4:40 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on drug overdoses.
4:30 p.m. Senator Gillibrand spoke on military justice reform and asked unanimous consent for the Senate to take-up S.1520. Senator Reed objected. Senator Grassley spoke in support of S. 1520.
4:09 p.m. Senator Tuberville spoke on inflation.
3:30 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke about voting rights and DACA.
3:23 p.m. Republican Leader McConnell spoke on inflation.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of Morning Business.
At approximately 5:30 p.m. the Senate will proceed to one roll call vote:
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #193, Tiffany Cunningham to be United States Circuit Judge for the Federal Circuit.
Cloture has also been filed on the following nominations:
- Kenneth Polite to be an Assistant Attorney General.
- Jennifer Abruzzo to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board.