6:38 p.m. The Senate stands adjourned, pursuant to S. Res. 470, until 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 2nd as a further mark of respect to the late Robert “Bob” J. Dole, former Senator from Kansas.
6:35 p.m. ML Schumer began wrap up:
- Adopted by unanimous consent – S.Res.468, Permitting the collection of clothing, toys, foods, and housewares during the holiday season for charitable purposes in the Senate buildings.
- Adopted by unanimous consent – S.Res. 469, Designating December 3 as National _ Awareness Day
- Adopted by unanimous consent – S.Res 470, Relating to the death of Robert “Bob” J. Dole, former Senator for the state of Kansas
6:20 p.m. Senator Portman spoke against the Build Back Better plan.
6:14 p.m. By a vote of 64-27, the Senate invoked cloture on the Rosenworcel nomination to be a member of the FCC.
Not voting: Senators Blackburn, Cassidy, Hagerty, Merkley, Sasse, Sinema, Toomey, Tuberville and Wyden.
5:30 p.m. The Senate began a roll call vote on Jessica Rosenworcel to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission.
5:25 p.m. Senator Markey spoke in support of the Rosenworcel nomination.
5:20 p.m. ML Schumer filed cloture on the following:
- Executive Calendar #585 Rachael S. Rollins to be US Attorney for the District of Massachusetts for the term of four years.
- Executive Calendar #482 Michael D. Smith to be Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
5:18 p.m. Senator Cantwell spoke in support of the Rosenworcel nomination.
5:04 p.m. Senator Grassley paid tribute to Bob Dole.
4:11 p.m. Senator Moran paid tribute to Bob Dole.
4:00 p.m. Senator Durbin paid tribute to Bob Dole and spoke on AG Merrick Garland and school boards.
3:45 p.m. RL McConnell paid tribute to former senator Bob Dole and spoke on Ukraine.
3:23 p.m. Senator Leahy spoke on Cuba.
3:17 p.m. ML Schumer paid tribute to former senator Bob Dole and spoke on Build Back Better, nominations, debt limits, and NDAA.
3:02 p.m. Senator Leahy paid tribute to former senator Bob Dole.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and following any Leader remarks will resume consideration of the nomination of Jessica Rosenworcel to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission.
At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on cloture on the Rosenworcel nomination.
Cloture has also been filed on the following nominations:
- Dierdre Hamilton to be a Member of the National Mediation Board
- Chris Magnus to be Commissioner of US Customs and Border Protection