3:12 p.m. The Senate adjourned and will reconvene for a pro forma session at 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday, July 2.
3:10 p.m. The Udall amendment #883 was not agreed to by a vote of 50-40 (60 vote threshold). Republicans voting aye: Collins, Lee, Moran and Paul. Senators that did not vote: Blackburn, Blunt, Braun, Burr, Cramer, Coons, Inhofe, Roberts, Rounds, Scott (FL).
5:02 a.m. The vote began on the Udall amendment.
The Senate stands in recess until 5:00 a.m. At that time, VOTE on the Udall amendment amendment #883 (Spending prohibition) to Inhofe substitute amendment #764, as amended, and vote on the amendment, notwithstanding passage of S.1790, NDAA, as amended. We expect this vote to be open for several hours to accommodate Senators.
When the Senate adjourns following the vote, it will reconvene on the following dates and times for pro forma sessions:
- Tuesday July 2nd at 4:45 p.m.
- Friday July 5th at 11:45 a.m.
Following the pro forma on July 5th, the Senate will adjourn until 3:00 p.m. on Monday July 8th. At that time, resume consideration of Executive Calendar #343, Daniel Bress to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Bress nomination.
Majority Leader McConnell has also filed cloture on the following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #47, Kent Wetherell to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Florida
2. Executive Calendar #51, Damon Leichty to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Indiana
3. Executive Calendar #52, Nicholas Ranjan to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania
4. Executive Calendar #101, Robert King to be Assistant Secretary for Postsecondary Education, Department of Education
5. Executive Calendar #13, Peter Wright to be Assistant Administrator, Office of Solid Waste, Environmental Protection Agency