7:10 p.m. The Senate adjourned until Saturday, December 19, 2020. No votes are scheduled.
The Senate passed the following bills in wrap up by unanimous consent: H.R. 6237, regarding Indian healthcare; S. 4079, regarding Seminole Indians; H.R. 5023, naming a V.A. outpost in Youngstown, OH; S. 2174, regarding “Jennifer’s law”; S. Con Res 52 (as Amended); S. 3252, regarding FEMA.
6:59 p.m. The Senate passes a two day Continuing Resolution to fund the government through Sunday, December 20, 2020.
6:49 p.m. No votes have been scheduled but remain possible.
The Senate confirmed by voice vote: Charles A. Stones to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corporation.
Senators Roberts, Portman and Bennet spoke on the floor.
4:23 pm. No votes have been scheduled yet but remain possible. Senators Stabenow, Sanders, Schumer and Johnson all spoke on Covid relief and stimulus checks.
2:35 p.m. No votes have been scheduled.
Senators Grassley, McConnell, Inhofe, Hawley, Johnson, Tillis, Durbin, Blumenthal, Menendez, Scott, FL, Cornyn and Cruz spoke on the floor during todays session.
10:28 a.m. Senator Inhofe spoke about the significance of December 19th, including it being his 61st wedding anniversary.
10:04 a.m. Majority Leader McConnell spoke about the covid-19 negotiations and paid tribute to departing staffer Phil Maxon.
10:01 a.m. Senator Grassley spoke about a Congressional race in Iowa.
The Senate convened at 10:00 a.m. and resumed consideration of the nomination of Fernando Aenlle-Rocha to be US District Judge for the Central District of California.
No votes are scheduled at this time.
Cloture has been filed on the below nominations, absent any time agreements they will ripen one hour after the Senate convenes on Saturday, December 19th.
Executive Calendar #895, Thompson Michael Dietz, of New Jersey, to be a Judge of the United States Court of Federal Claims
2. Executive Calendar #712, John Chase Johnson, of Oklahoma, to be Inspector General, Federal Communications Commission.
3. Executive Calendar #904, Eric J. Soskin, of Virginia, to be Inspector General, Department of Transportation
4. Executive Calendar #757, Beth Harwell, of Tennessee, to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Tennessee Valley Authority
5. Executive Calendar #758, Brian Noland, of Tennessee, to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Tennessee Valley Authority
6. Executive Calendar #836, Charles A. Stones, of Kansas, to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corporation
7. Executive Calendar #591, Fernando L. Aenlle-Rocha, of California, to be United States District Judge for the Central District of California