6:25 p.m. The Senate adjourned and will reconvene at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 17. They will resume post-cloture consideration of the nomination of Edward Atchley to be U.S. District Judge for Eastern TN. No votes are scheduled at this time.
During wrap up:
- Confirmed #867-Anna Maria Ruzininski to be US Marshal for Eastern Wisconsin
- Confirmed #868-Gregory Scott Tabor to be US Marshal for Western Arkansas
- Confirmed PN2398-Irving Bailey to be a member of the Board of Directors of the US International Development Finance Corporation
- Confirmed PN 2063-Deven Parack to be a member of the Board of Directors of the US International Development Finance Corporation
- Concurred with House message to S. 1130-Amend public health service act to enhance awareness of SIDS
- Passed H.R. 8810-establish a national program re: landslides
- Concurred with House message S. 914-reauthorize the Integrated Coastal and Ocean Observation System Act
- Passed H.R. 221-amend the State Department Basic Authorities Act to monitor and combat anti-Semitism
- Passed S. 5036-amend the overtime pay for protective services act to extend the Secret Service overtime pay exception through 2023
- Agreed to S. Res. 803-Designating S-124 as the US Senator Margaret Chase room and S-115 as the Barbara Mikulski room
- Passed S. 1387-tech grants in higher education
- Passed S. 3287-Manage the government wide financial plan
- Passed S. 2513-provide for joint reports by relevant federal agencies
6:09 p.m. Senator Moran spoke about veterans and health care.
5:44 p.m. Senator Inhofe spoke about the Western Sahara.
5:30 p.m. Senator Sullivan spoke about the Alaskan of the Week-Linda Behnken.
5:00 p.m. Senator Reed paid tribute to departing Senators Udall, Jones, Alexander, Roberts, Gardener and Harris.
4:52 p.m. Senator Hawley spoke about Covid relief.
4:30 p.m. Senators Menendez and Booker spoke about the Daniel Underall Judicial Security and Privacy Act. Senator Menendez asked unanimous consent to pass the bill. Senator Paul objected and asked that his amendment be included. Senator Menendez objected.
3:56 p.m. By a vote of 54-41, cloture was invoked on the nomination of Edward Atchley to be U.S. District Judge for Eastern TN. Dems voting aye: Senators Jones, Kelly, Manchin, Sinema, Tester and Whitehouse. Not voting: Enzi, Fischer, Harris, Loeffler, and Perdue.
3:26 p.m. By a vote of 56-39, the nomination of Joseph Dawson to be US District Judge for SC was confirmed.
2:18 p.m. Senator Sanders spoke about Covid relief.
2:07 p.m. Senator Barrasso spoke about Covid relief.
1:46 p.m. Senator Boozman spoke about women veterans.
1:20 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke about Covid relief.
1:00 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke about foreign influence in politics and asked unanimous consent that the Senate proceed to and pass S. 1762. Senator Menendez objected.
12:48 p.m. By a vote of 56-39 cloture was invoked on the nomination of Joseph Dawson to be a district judge for South Carolina. Not voting: Senators Enzi, Fischer, Harris, Loeffler and Perdue. Dems and Independent voting aye: Jones, Kelly, King, Manchin, Reed, Sinema, Tester, and Whitehouse.
12:11 p.m. By a vote of 48-47 the nomination of Katherine Crytzer was confirmed. Not voting: Senators Enzi, Fischer, Harris, Loeffler, and Perdue.
11:28 a.m. Senator Manchin spoke about the pandemic relief package.
11:01 a.m. Senator Wyden asked unanimous consent to proceed to S. 2828-the Mauer County empowerment act. Senator Barrasso objected. Senator Wyden spoke about the bill.
10:36 a.m. Senator Thune spoke about entrepreneurism and also about 5G technology.
10:26 a.m. Senator Schumer spoke about the relief package.
10:04 a.m. Senator McConnell spoke about the pandemic relief package and also paid tribute to Senator Roberts.
10:01 a.m. Senator Grassley spoke about county meetings.
10:00 a.m. The Senate convened.
The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m. and resume consideration of the nomination of Katherine Crytzer to be a district judge for eastern Tennessee.
At 11:30 a.m. the Senate will proceed to two roll call votes:
- Confirmation of the Crytzer nomination.
- Cloture on the nomination of Joseph Dawson to be a district judge for South Carolina.
Majority Leader McConnell has also filed cloture on the following nominations:
- Charles Atchley to be a district judge for eastern Tennessee.
- Zachary Somers to be a Judge of the US Court of Federal Claims.