The Senate stands adjourned until 3:00 p.m. on Monday, June 17th for a pro forma session only with no business conducted.
When the Senate adjourns on Monday it will next convene at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 18, 2019.
On Tuesday, following Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 11:30 a.m. Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of Sean Cairncross to be Chief Executive Officer, Millennium Challenge Corporation. At 12:00 Noon, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Cairncross nomination.
The Senate will recess from 12:30 p.m. until 2:15 p.m. to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
Tuesday at 12:00 Noon – 1 roll call vote:
1. Cloture on Sean Cairncross, of Minnesota, to be Chief Executive Officer, Millennium Challenge Corporation
Tuesday at 2:15pm – 5 roll call votes expected:
1. If cloture has been invoked, Confirmation of Sean Cairncross to be Chief Executive Officer, Millennium Challenge Corporation
2. Cloture on Matthew Kacsmaryk to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas
3. Cloture on Allen Winsor to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Florida
4. Cloture on James Cain to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Louisiana
5. Cloture on Greg Guidry to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana
Majority Leader McConnell also filed cloture on the motion to proceed to S.1790, National Defense Authorization Act. The cloture vote on the motion to proceed to NDAA will occur upon disposition of the above nominations (expected on Wednesday).