6:34 p.m. The Senate adjourned until 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 14th. Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to concur in the House amendment to S.140, Coast Guard reauthorization, with amendment #4054, as modified, post-cloture, and vote on the motion to concur. At approximately 2:15 p.m. the Senate will have 2 roll call votes.
1. Motion to concur in the House amendment to S.140, with amendment #4054, as modified (Coast Guard reauthorization)
2. Cloture vote on the Bowman nomination
6:07 p.m. Senator Daines spoke on National Veterans and Families Month.
6:07 p.m. The Senate invoked cloture on the House Message to accompany S. 140, Coast Guard Reauthorization by a vote of 93 to 5. Senators Cardin, Feinstein, Gillibrand, Harris and Sanders voted no. Senators Isakson and McCaskill did not vote.
5:31 p.m. The Senate began voting on the House message to accompany S. 140, Coast Guard Reauthorization.
5:28 p.m. Senator Moran asked u.c.: at a date and time to be determined, but no later than November 16th, Senator Paul will be recognized to make a motion to discharge S.J.Res.65, a resolution of disapproval on arms sales to Bahrain. There will be up to one hour of debate on the motion, equally divided. Following the use of yielding back of debate time, the Senate will vote in relation to the motion to discharge S.J.Res.65.
4:50 p.m. Senator Moran spoke on the Bowman nomination.
4:46 p.m. Senator Carper spoke supporting the Coast Guard Reauthorization legislation.
3:18 p.m. Senator Schumer spoke about the midterm elections and on Acting Attorney General Whitaker.
3:03 p.m. ML McConnell spoke supporting Coast Guard Reauthorization.
3:00 p.m. The Senate convened.
• The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and resume consideration of the House message to accompany S. 140; the legislative vehicle for the Coast Guard Reauthorization.
• At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will conduct a cloture vote on the House message to accompany S. 140.
• If cloture is invoked, all post-cloture time will expire at 2:15 p.m. on Wednesday, November 14, at which point the Senate will vote on the motion to concur (passage of the Coast Guard Reauthorization).
• Following disposition of the Coast Guard bill, the Senate will proceed to a cloture vote on the nomination of Michelle Bowman to be a Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.