The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m. and following Leader remarks, will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #69, Andrea Palm, to be Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services.
Two votes at 11:30 a.m.:
- Confirmation of the Palm nomination.
- Cloture on Executive Calendar #65 Cynthia Marten to be Deputy Secretary of Education.
Following the cloture vote, the Senate will recess until 2:15 p.m. to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
If cloture is invoked on the Marten nomination, at 2:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on confirmation of the nomination.
Additional roll call votes are possible in relation to S.J.Res.15, True Lender CRA, and a motion to discharge the nomination of Chiquita Brooks-Lasure to be Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services from the Finance Committee.
Cloture has also been filed on the following nominations:
- Executive Calendar #108, Ronald Stroman to be a Governor of the US Postal Service for a term expiring December 8, 2021.
- Executive Calendar #109, Ronald Stroman to be a Governor of the US Postal Service for a term expiring December 8, 2028.
- Executive Calendar #110, Amber McReynolds to be a Governor of the US Postal Service for a term expiring December 8, 2026.
- Executive Calendar #112, Donet Graves, Jr. to be Deputy Secretary of Commerce.