6:50 p.m. The Senate adjourned and will convene Tuesday, January 7 at 10:00 a.m. After leader remarks, the Senate will resume post-cloture consideration of Jovita Carranza to be Administrator of the Small Business Association with a vote on confirmation at 12:15 p.m.
- S. 3076 – to release a federal reversionary interest in Chester County, Tennessee, to manage certain Federal land in Bath County, Virginia, and for other purposes, was passed by unanimous consent.
- S. Res. 464 – to constitute the majority party’s membership on certain committees for the One Hundred Sixteenth Congress, or until their successors are chosen, was adopted by unanimous consent.
McConnell filed cloture on the following during today’s session:
- Cal. #329 – Matthew H. Solomson, MD, to be a Judge of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims for a term of 15 years.
- Cal .#462 – Eleni Maria Roumel, MD, to be a Judge of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims for a term of 15 years.
- Cal. #525 – Michael George DeSombre, IL, to be Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand.
6:14 p.m. Senator Brown spoke about the U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade agreement.
6:13 p.m. By a vote of 86 to 5, the Senate invoked cloture on the nomination of Jovita Carranza to be administrator of the S.B.A. Democrats voting NAY: Gillibrand, Harris, Merkley, Schatz, Wyden. NOT VOTING: Alexander, Booker, Klobuchar, Lee, Markey, Perdue, Sanders, Shaheen, Warren.
4:29 p.m. Senator Kaine spoke on Iran.
4:22 p.m. Senator Hawley spoke on impeachment.
4:01 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on impeachment and the assassination of General Soleimani.
3:42 p.m. Senator Schumer spoke on Impeachment and Iraq and the assassination of General Soleimani.
3:32 p.m. Senator McConnell filed a cloture motion on Eleni Roumel, MD, to be Federal Claims Judge for a term of fifteen years.
Senator Grassley opened the day’s session and spoke on the USA- Mexico-Canada trade agreement.
The Senate will convene at 3 p.m.
At 5 p.m., Senator-Appointee Kelly Loeffler of Georgia will be sworn in.
At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Jovita Carranza to be administrator of the Small Business Administration.