6:02 p.m. The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Danielle Hunsaker, of Oregon, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit, post-cloture.
Wednesday November 6 at 12:00 pm, 2 roll call votes:
- Motion to Invoke Cloture on Executive Calendar #458, Lee Rudofsky, of Arkansas, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- Motion to Invoke Cloture on Executive Calendar #365, Jennifer Wilson, of Pennsylvania, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Wednesday November 6, at 4:00 pm, if cloture is invoked, 2 roll call votes:
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #463, Danielle Hunsaker, of Oregon, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit
- Motion to Invoke Cloture on Executive Calendar #464, William Nardini, of Connecticut, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit
If cloture is invoked on the above nominations, their confirmation votes will be on Thursday.
5:58 p.m. ML McConnell began wrap up and adopted S.Res.407, Congratulating the Washington Nationals on winning the 2019 Major League Baseball World Series; passed H.R.724, Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act; began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business H.R.4842, to authorize the Secretary of State to provide funds for a United States pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai.
5:30 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke on giving thanks to our Veterans.
5:20 p.m. The Senate voted 75-18 to invoke Cloture on Executive Calendar #463, Danielle Hunsaker to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
4:45 p.m. The Senate confirmed the Tapp nomination by a roll call vote of 85-8.
4:40 p.m. Senator Blackburn spoke on healthcare in rural areas.
4:30 p.m. Senator Cramer spoke on immigration.
4:20 p.m. Senator Lee paid tribute to General Burton of Utah.
4:10 p.m. Senator Manchin spoke on worker pensions for coal miners.
3:54 p.m. Senator Roberts on the USMCA trade bill.
3:35 p.m. Senator Barrasso spoke on global poverty.
3:25 p.m. Senator Jones spoke on the national peanut festival and later on the need to fund historically black Colleges and Universities.
3:08 p.m. Senator Durbin spoke on rural health and the pharmaceutical industry.
2:48 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke about reducing drug prices.
2:47 p.m. The Senate invoked cloture on the Tapp nomination by a vote of 83-9.
Senators voting against: 9 Democrats: Gillibrand, Harris, Hirono, Markey, Menendez, Merkley, Schatz, Schumer and Stabenow.
Senators not voting: 4 Republicans: Burr, Isakson, Risch and Sasse; 3 Democrats: Booker, Klobuchar and Warren; 1 Independent: Sanders.
2:16 p.m. The Senate began a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of David Tapp to be a Judge for the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
11:56 a.m. Senator Menendez spoke about Turkey.
11:44 a.m. DL Schumer spoke about the Impeachment inquiry.
11:20 a.m. Senator Romney paid tribute to Maj. General Jeff Burton.
11:12 a.m. Senator Alexander spoke about permanent funding for HBCU’s and asked u.c. call up and pass S. 2557, Student Aid Improvement Act. Senator Cardin objected.
11:03 a.m. Senator Cardin spoke about education funds and asked u.c. to pass H.R. 2486, the FUTURE act. Senator Alexander objected.
10:50 a.m. Senator Ernst spoke about violence against women and about military spending.
10:40 a.m. Senator Cornyn spoke about violence against women.
10:25 a.m. Senator Thune spoke about military spending. He spoke about data-mining..
10:04 a.m. Majority Leader McConnell spoke about nominations. He noted the anniversary of the revolution in Iran. He spoke about the economy and about Democratic priorities.
10:02 a.m. Senator Grassley spoke about veterans and small businesses.
The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #355, David Tapp to be a Judge of the United States Court of Federal Claims.
The Senate will recess from 12:30 p.m. until 2:15 p.m. for the Republican caucus meeting.
2:15 p.m. – 1 vote:
1. Cloture on nomination of David Tapp to be a Judge of the United States Court of Federal Claims.
Approximately 5:30 p.m. – 2 votes:
1. Confirmation of Tapp nomination.
2. Cloture on Executive Calendar #463, Danielle Hunsaker to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
Cloture has also been filed on the following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #464 – William Nardini to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit
2. Executive Calendar #458 – Lee Rudofsky to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Arkansas
3. Executive Calendar #365 – Jennifer Wilson to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of Pennsylvania