Cloture was filed on the following during today’s session:
- Shelby substitute amendment #948 to H.R. 3055
- H.R. 3055, appropriations minibus II
- Motion to proceed to H.R. 2740, Labor – HHS and Education Appropriations bill
- Cal. #467, David M. DeVillers, of Ohio, to be United States Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio, was agreed to by voice vote.
- S. 134, Combat Online Predators Act, with Toomey amendment, was pass by unanimous consent.
5:32 p.m. Roll call vote began on the Cortez Masto amendment.
5:25 p.m. Senator Jones spoke on his amendment #1067 (loan relending program of titles for heirs’ property owners).
5:13 p.m. Senator Paul spoke on his amendment #1019 (2 percent cut).
5:04 p.m. Senators Cortez Masto and Lankford spoke on amendment #961 regarding food distribution programs.
4:36 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on Hillary Clintons emails.
3:55 p.m. Minority Leader Schumer spoke in memory of Senator Hagen. He spoke about al-Baghdadi and the threat of the Islamic State. He spoke about impeachment. He spoke about medical insurance coverage. He spoke about climate change and automobile emissions.
3:07 p.m. Majority Leader McConnell spoke in memory of Senator Hagen. He spoke about the death of the Islamic State leader, al-Baghdadi. He spoke about impeachment. He spoke about a cloture vote later this week on military appropriations./
3:02 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke about prescription drugs.
The Senate resumed consideration of H.R. 3055, the appropriations measure for the Departments of Commerce and Justice and related agencies.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R. 3055, appropriations minibus II.
At 5:30 p.m. – up to 3 roll call votes:
1. Cortez Masto Amendment 961 (food distribution programs)
2. Paul Amendment 1019 (2 percent cut)
3. Jones Amendment 1067 (loan relending program of titles for heirs’ property owners)