6:55 p.m. The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2019. The next votes will occur at 5:45 p.m.
6:52 Senator McConnell conducted wrap up.
The Senate passed the following bill by unanimous consent:
S. 1328, DETER Act – a bill to designate foreign persons who interfere in U.S. elections as inadmissible aliens.
6:45 p.m. Senator Boozman spoke about the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
6:27 p.m. By a vote of 74 to 17, the Senate invoked cloture on the Saul nomination.
6:05 p.m. By a vote of 22 to 69, the Senate failed to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to the Senator Paul’s budget measure.
4:57 p.m. Senator Paul spoke about the budget.
3:42 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke about drug addiction.
3:32 p.m. Majority Leader McConnell spoke about the Virginia Beach shootings. He paid tribute to Senator Cochran.
3:04 p.m. Minority Leader Schumer paid tribute to the late Senator Cochran. He spoke about the Virginia Beach shootings. He spoke about election security. He spoke about immigration.
3:02 p.m. The Senate proceeded to consideration of S-1332, concerning the federal budget.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S. 1332 (Senator Paul Budget Bill). A vote on the motion to invoke cloture on S. 1332 will occur at 5:30. If cloture is not invoked there will be a 2nd vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Andrew Saul to be the Commissioner of Social Security.
McConnell has filed cloture on the following nominations:
- Andrew Saul to be to be Commissioner of the Social Security Administration
- David Schenker to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Heath Tarbert to be Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Heath Tarbert to be a Commissioner of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- Susan Combs to be an Assistant Secretary of the Interior
- Ryan Holte to be a Judge of the US Court of Federal Claims
- Rossie Alston to be US District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Richard Hertling to be a a Judge of the US Court of Federal Claims