6:53 p.m. The Senate adjourned until 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7.
6:51 p.m. ML McConnell wrapped up for the evening.
Passed in wrap-up:
Adopted S. Res. 162, regarding National Donate Life Month.
Adopted by voice vote: S. Res.190, regarding National Minority Health Month.
Adopted S Res 191, regarding National Small Business Week.
Began the Rule 14 process to place the following on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
1. S.1332, to set forth the congressional budget for the US Government for FY’20 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for FY’21 through FY’29. (Paul)
2. H.R.9, Climate Action Now Act
6:32 p.m. Cloture was invoked on the Bianco nomination, 51-40. There are now up to 30 hours of debate on the nomination.
Senators voting in favor: 48 Republicans, 3 Democrats: Jones, Manchin and Sinema.
Senators voting against: 38 Democrats, 2 Independents: King and Sanders..
Senators not voting: 5 Republicans: Isakson, Moran, Murkowski, Rubio and Toomey; 4 Democrats: Booker, Gillibrand, Harris and Klobuchar.
5:22 p.m. The Senate is now voting on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Joseph Bianco to be U.S. Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit.
4:37 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke about the Mueller Report.
4:29 p.m. Senator Schumer paid tribute to Senator Enzi and spoke about the Mueller Report.
3:33 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke about immigration.
3:22 p.m. Majority Leader McConnell spoke about Israel. He paid tribute to Senator Enzi, who will to seek another term.
3:03 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke about National Foster Care Month. He spoke about the economy.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #116, Joseph Bianco to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit, with a cloture on the nomination scheduled at 5:30 p.m.
Majority Leader McConnell also filed cloture on the following nominations:
1) Executive Calendar #95, Kimberly Reed to be President of the Export-Import Bank of the United States for a term expiring January 20, 2021.
2) Executive Calendar #89, Spencer Bachus to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Export-Import Bank of the United States.
3) Executive Calendar #94, Judith Pryor to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Export-Import Bank of the United States.
4) Executive Calendar #100, Janet Dhillon to be a Member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
5) Executive Calendar #117, Michael Park to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit.
If cloture is invoked on the Bianco or Park nominations, there would be up to 30 hours of debate prior to a vote on confirmation.
If cloture is invoked on the Reed, Bachus, Pryor, or Dhillon nominations, there would be up to 2 hours of debate prior to a vote on confirmation.
Following a vote on confirmation of a nomination, there would be a cloture vote on the next nomination.