11:02 a.m. The Senate met in pro forma session, Senator Roberts presiding.
The Senate will convene for pro forma sessions on the following days, with no business being conducted:
- Tuesday, March 19th at 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, March 21st at 2:10 p.m.
Monday, March 25, 2019
- The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. and resume consideration of the nomination of Bridget Bade to be a US Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
- At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will proceed to a cloture vote on the Bade nomination.
- ML McConnell also filed cloture on motions to proceed to SJ Res 8 (green new deal) and HR 268 (supplemental appropriations). Those cloture motions will ripen in order, following disposition of the previous item. Each is subject to up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate, if cloture is invoked.