7:09 p.m. The Senate adjourned until 9:30 a.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, December 3rd.
Beginning at 10:00 a.m. there will be 5 roll call votes on the following nominations:
- Confirmation of cal. #1069 Charlotte A. Burrows to be a Member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Confirmation of cal. #1067 P. David Lopez to be General Counsel of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Motion to invoke cloture on cal. 1036 the nomination of David J. Hale, KY, to be U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Kentucky
- Motion to invoke cloture on cal. 1037 the nomination of Mark A. Kearney, PA, to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Motion to invoke cloture on cal. 1038 Gerald J. Pappert, PA, to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
At 5:30 p.m. there will 5 roll call votes on the following nominations:
- Confirmation of David J. Hale
- Confirmation of Mark A. Kearney
- Confirmation of Gerald J. Pappert
- Motion to invoke cloture on cal. #555 the nomination of Franklin M. Orr, Jr., CA, to be the Under Secretary for Science, Department of Energy
- Motion to invoke cloture on cal. #660 the nomination of Joseph S. Hezir, VA, to be Chief Financial Officer, Department of Energy
- S. 2917 – To expand Program of Prority Review to Encourage Treatments for Tropical Diseases, passed by unanimous consent.
- S. 2970 – To reform the procedure for court marshal, read 1st time.
- H.R. 4924 – To direct Secretary of Interior to enter the Big Sandy River Planet Ranch water rights settlement agreement, passed by unanimous consent.
6:26 p.m. Whitehouse spoke on climate change.
5:53 p.m. Senator Begich spoke on President Obama’s policies.
5:44 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on President Obama’s policies.
5:43 p.m. Cloture was invoked on the nomination of P. David Lopez by a vote of 54-33.
5:25 p.m. Cloture was invoked on the nomination of Charlotte Burrows by a vote of 57-39.
5:01 p.m. The nomination of Robert Adler was confirmed by a vote of 53-40.
4:11 p.m. The nomination of Nani A. Coloretti was confirmed by a vote of 68-28.
3:59 p.m It was agreed by unanimous consent that a fourth vote be added to this afternoon’s vote sequence following Burrows, the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of David Lopez to be General Counsel of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
3:44 p.m. Senator Menendez spoke on immigration.
2:55 p.m. Senator Barrasso spoke on new EPA rule issued last Wednesday regarding the ozone layer.
2:37 p.m. Senator Hatch spoke on the tax extenders package.
2:24 p.m. Senators Warner, Vitter, and Begich spoke on the Chesapeake Bay Accountability and Recovery Act, and the Federal Duck Stamp Act and passed both bills by unanimous consent.
2:20 p.m. Senator Johnson of South Dakota spoke in favor of the Coloretti nomination.
2:15 p.m. Senate returned from recess, Senator Leahy spoke about immigration.
12:41 p.m. Senate stands in recess until 2:15 p.m.
12:20 p.m. Senator Sanders spoke on the middle class and the economy.
12:15 p.m. Senator Thune spoke on the Democrats agenda.
12:14 p.m. Cloture was invoked on the nomination of Robert Adler to be Commissioner of the Consumer Protection Safety Commission by a vote of 52-40.
11:48 a.m. Cloture was invoked on the nomination of Nani Coloretti to be Deputy Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development by a vote of 59-34.
11:24 a.m. The nomination of Colleen Bell to be Ambassador to Hungary was confirmed by a vote of 52-42.
11:03 a.m Senator McCain spoke against and Senator Boxer spoke in favor of the Bell nomination.
11:02 a.m The nomination of Noah Mamet to be ambassador to Argentina was confirmed by a vote of 50-43.
10:24 a.m. Senator McCain spoke against the nomination of Colleen Bradley Bell.
10:00 a.m. Senate convened and Senators Schatz and Scott were sworn in.
The Senate will convene at 10 a.m.
After the chaplain’s prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance, Vice President Biden will administer the oath of office to Senators Brian Schatz, D-HI, and Tim Scott, R-SC.
At 10:30 a.m., there will be roll call votes on these nominations:
- Noah Bryson Mamet to be ambassador to Argentina (confirmation);
- Colleen Bradley Bell to be ambassador t0 Hungary (confirmation);
- Nani A. Coloretti to be a Deputy Secretary of HUD (cloture);
- Robert Adler to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (cloture).
The Senate will recess for weekly policy lunches from 12:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
At 4 p.m., there will be roll call votes on these nominations:
— Coloretti (confirmation);
— Adler (confirmation);
— Charlotte Burrows of Washington, D.C. to the Equal Employment Commission (cloture).