5:28 p.m. The Senate has adjourned until 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 26th, and will resume consideration of H.R. 5325, the vehicle for the CR. At 2:15 p.m. the Senate is expected to have up to 2 roll call votes. 1. on the motion to invoke cloture on the McConnell substitute amendment #5082 to H.R.5325. If cloture is not agreed to then 2. Motion to invoke cloture on H.R.5325.
- S.1886, Reauthorizing the Integrated Coastal and Ocean Observation System Act of 2009, was passed by unanimous consent.
- S.Res.573, Designating October 8, 2016, as National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day, was passed by voice vote.
- En bloc passed by unanimous consent:
- S.Res.574, Hispanic Heritage Month.
- S.Res.575, National Retirement Security Week.
- S.Res.576, National Dyslexia Awareness Month.
- S.Res.577, Alaska Federation of Natives.
3:30 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke about flooding in eastern Iowa.
3:12 p.m. Senator Reid spoke about Donald Trump, the CR, and the Koch brothers.
3:04 p.m. The Senate has convened and received the veto message from the President regarding S.2040, Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act. On Wednesday, September 29th, at a time to be determined, the Senate will consider the veto message on S.2040 for 2 hours and vote on passage. ML McConnell spoke about the CR and the zika virus.
The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.5325, the legislative vehicle for the Continuing Resolution.
No roll call votes are expected during Today’s session of the Senate.
The next expected roll call vote will be at 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27th on the motion to invoke cloture on the substitute amendment #5082 to H.R.5325.