The Senate convened at 9 a.m. for a pro forma session, Senator Gardner presiding. No legislative business was conducted.
The Senate then adjourned until its next legislative session convenes on Wednesday, July 6 at 10 a.m.
- At that time, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to the sanctuary cities bill (S. 3100).
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 p.m. until 2:15 p.m. to allow for the weekly caucus luncheons.
- At 2:15 p.m., the Senate will enter Executive Session in order to consider the nomination of Brian Martinotti to be a United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey, with a vote expected at 2:45 p.m. on confirmation of the Martinotti nomination.
- Following disposition of the Martinotti nomination, the cloture motions filed during the session of Wednesday, June 29 will ripen in the following order.
- If cloture is invoked on any of the below items, there will be up to thirty hours of post-cloture debate prior to adoption of the given motion, at which point the next cloture petition will ripen for a vote.
- If cloture is not invoked on any of the below items, the Senate will immediately proceed to the next cloture vote.
o Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to the sanctuary cities bill (S. 3100).
o Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Kate’s Law (S. 2193)
o Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to concur in the House amendment to S. 764 [GMO legislation] with a Roberts amendment in the nature of a substitute (#4935)
o Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2017 (H.R. 5293)