The Senate convened for a pro forma session today at 9:30 a.m. Senator Sessions was in the chair. The Senate will next convene on Tuesday July 5 at 9:00 a.m., for another pro forma session, during which no business will be conducted.
The Senate will next convene for legislative business on Wednesday, July 6 at 10:00 a.m.
- At that time, resume consideration of the motion to proceed to the sanctuary cities bill (S. 3100).
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 p.m. until 2:15 p.m. to allow for the weekly caucus luncheons.
- At 2:15 p.m., the Senate will enter Executive Session in order to consider the nomination of Brian Martinotti to be a United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey, with a vote expected at 2:45 p.m. on confirmation of the Martinotti nomination.
- Following disposition of the Martinotti nomination, the cloture motions filed during the session of Wednesday, June 29 will ripen in the following order.
- If cloture is invoked on any of the below items, there will be up to thirty hours of post cloture debate prior to adoption of the given motion, at which point the next cloture petition will ripen for a vote.
- If cloture is not invoked on any of the below items, the Senate will immediately proceed to the next cloture vote.
o Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to the sanctuary cities bill (S. 3100).
o Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Kate’s Law (S. 2193)
o Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to concur in the House amendment to S. 764 [GMO legislation] with a Roberts amendment in the nature of a substitute (#4935)
o Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2017 (H.R. 5293)